Hi there, Konichiwa～
Kohakuto is one of Japanese cofections, crisp outside and soft inside, it's really simple. I would like to share how to make basic Kohakuto recipe , the recipe in Japanese is the bottom of this blog.※レシピの日本語はブログの下段にあります※
5g thread ager (powder ager also good)
200g granulated sugar (other suger aldo good)
※thread ager makes clearer and granulated suger melt easier※
some food coloring (if needed)
water for soak the thread ager
(1) Soak the thread ager in the water a half day to a day (Be into the fridge in summer).
(2) Drain the thread ager well.
(3) Heat 200ml water,the ager in a pot to a boil, turn the heat down to low then stir it gently sometimes till the ager dissolves completely.
(4) Strain the water.
(5) Add the suger into the ager water.
(6) Boil it to low medium until the content get thicker when you pour the content from the spoon the liquid falls in a thin thread form. During it stir a little and gently (if you stir too much it doesn't get hard easyly) It takes about 30min.
(7) Dip a container into water for an instant or spray water then pour the ager into the container.
(8) Add food coloring with tooth picks (I made like marble effect can you see like that?)there are food coloring ``red,yellow,purple,blue``.
(9) Cool it down then preserve in the fridge over 1hour, you need to make sure it get harden completely.
(10) After it got harden take out it.
(11) Cut it into pieces with kitchen knife or spoon,cookie cutter. The surfaces are very sticky I reccommend the cutting tool get into water each time.
(12) Line flat place with parchment paper place on them. Dry them 2-3 days. You can eat fresh these as well it is like jello but really sticky.
(13) The next day I turned them, the picture is the 3rd day.
(14) Done !!
200g グラニュー糖 （他の砂糖も可）
Hope you like it ♪
If you have any questions about Japan don't hesitate to mail me(・∀・)
Are you interested in cooking in Japan? if so come to join my cooking class(・∀・) http://www.bonzajapanesecooking.com